Welcome Stagelight customers to the Roland family!
The Next Step for Stagelight Customers
Open Labs is proud to announce that Stagelight and the Stagelight team have been acquired by one of largest and most innovative companies in music technology, Roland Corporation. Under Roland, development has proceeded at a rapid pace, and the company has announced immediate availability of a new product called Roland Zenbeats.
As a part of Roland’s historic family of products, Zenbeats features genuine Roland sounds as well as sleek new interface. Zenbeats includes expressive onscreen instruments, 3rd party plugin integration including drag and drop support, collaborative jamming via Ableton Link, streamlined cloud support, and enhanced exporting options.
Roland would like to welcome all Stagelight customers to Roland Zenbeats, and has a special offer for Stagelight users who switch over during the next three months. Roland has big plans going forward, so we enthusiastically encourage all Stagelight customers to upgrade to Zenbeats today! Click below to upgrade.
Zenbeats is available now!
The Open Labs Story
During the past eight years, Open Labs created two popular and critically acclaimed music software products, and creatives worldwide responded with over four million unique downloads. The company’s mission was simple: Democratize music creation by making products that were easy to use, educational, and inexpensive. It’s a goal we feel we accomplished.
The Stagelight team was a small group of superstars who implemented several significant innovations in the music creation space. Our cutting-edge DAW was among the first to include cross-platform capabilities, in-app lessons, a loop building engine, and touch screen functionality.
Our team did an amazing job—day in, day out. The success of the platform is a testament to their passion and dedication. With constant focus on improving the customer experience, they guided Stagelight through four upgrades and over 20 updates, across five operating systems and seven languages.
Many thanks to the Stagelight team for their commitment to our product, customers, and partners. Roland is fortunate to welcome these professionals, and it’s been a privilege to have worked with each individual on the team. None of this would be possible without you.
We also had some outstanding partnerships along the journey. This includes the incredible investors that funded Open Labs and provided meaningful input and timely counsel. Additionally, Linkin Park and Timbaland are remarkable artists who supported Open Labs via contests and social media. Open Labs was also fortunate to work with technology partners like Intel, Lenovo, Dell, Microsoft, Google, Apple, Asus, HP, Acer, and Arm who all supported our mission. Without them, our company could not have achieved all that we did.
A huge thank-you must go out to our Stagelight customers for their continuous support. Your input was critical to the improvement and growth of the app. We wish you all the best as you continue your musical journeys with Roland’s Zenbeats.
Finally, on a personal note, I want to sincerely thank my wife, children, family who have supported me during this exciting endeavor.
– Cliff Mountain
What is the Zenbeats Special Offer?
We are proud to announce the release of Roland Zenbeats, a new cross-platform music creation app. For 90 days, all current Stagelight customers are eligible to receive their equivalent version of Zenbeats at no additional cost. Sign up now!
How do I use my remaining in-app credits?
In-app credits will not transfer to Zenbeats. Be sure to spend them in Stagelight before making the switch. Stagelight credits will be honored through December 31st, 2019.
How do I load existing songs into Zenbeats?
All of your Stagelight songs and other user-created or saved content, like songs, recordings, and audio can be imported into Zenbeats from the Stagelight library.
- Find the location of your Stagelight user folder in Menu/Settings/General.
- Next, back up the data you want.
- In most cases, you will want to back up the “Songs” and “Mixdowns” folder. However, if you’ve imported audio to the library or made custom drum kits, check out those folders and back them up as needed.
- Once you have all of your files, open up Zenbeats, go to Menu/ Settings/ General and find the location of the Zenbeats library.
- Open that folder and place the content in the proper folders.
- Please note that your user songs must stay in folders with the same name.Move the folder for “Songs” to the Zenbeats “Songs” folder, not just “my Song.song.”
- Once all of your data has been transferred, restart Zenbeats and you’ll be able to load all of your songs and custom patches.
How do I access songs saved in Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive?
In your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive account, locate the folder labeled “Stagelight” and rename it “Zenbeats.” Connect to the same cloud account in Zenbeats and your songs will be available.
How do I transfer purchased features and content into Zenbeats?
For a limited time, transfer features and content purchases to your new Zenbeats* account. Follow the steps listed below. Some content will not transfer**.
- Open Stagelight, click main menu, and select “Store.”
- Spend remaining credits on “Loops,” “Presets,” or “Features.” Credits will not be transferred to Zenbeats.
- Click the pencil icon to display your account info. Double-check the email address linked to your Stagelight account. You’ll use this address for the Roland Backstage account required for Zenbeats.
- Click here to enter your email address and generate a custom key. You will receive an email with further instructions.
- Download your key. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you can’t find the email.
- Click here to create your account. You must use the email address linked to your Stagelight account for your key to function.
- Follow the prompts to verify your Roland Backstage account.
- Download Zenbeats. Click here
- Open Zenbeats and log in with your Roland Backstage account.
- Click the “Store” icon to the upper right of the screen.
- Click the “Redeem” button and follow the prompts to import your Stagelight key.
Welcome to the Roland Zenbeats family!
*Zenbeats requires a free Roland Backstage account
** Timbaland Loops, Linkin Park Loops vol 1, Linkin Park Loops vol 2, Linkin Park instruments, Timbaland Drums, Linkin Park Drums 1, Linkin Park drums 2, Linkin Park instruments, Synthetic Vol 2, Ambient Soundscapes 1, Ambient Soundscapes 2, The Follower, Smiling Psychopath, Meltdown, Bengal Delta, Brooders, Classic Beats, Thin Ice, Heroes, Goodbye, Bled Dry, Zero Gravity, Clown Hunt, Guru, Future Funk Loops, Dubstep Drums, House Drums, 5 Speed, Duelin, Neon Flight, Fearless, Alien Technology, World Percussion, Organs Vol 1, Neon Keys 1, Neon Keys 2, Lightwave, Vintage FM, Vox tools, Future Funk Drums, Future FM